Want to continue the conversation?
Managing Partner, Sean Maiwald, Master of Public Policy
Sean Maiwald received his Masters of Public Policy from The George Washington University, and has a deep knowledge of policy, practice, and procedures. He is experienced in a variety of types of analysis, such as cost-benefit analysis, econometrics, and program evaluation. Sean has a variety of interdisciplinary experiences, and has worked in the legislative sector, the nonprofit sector as both a founder and as a researcher, for a university, as well as the corporate sector.
- Sean established a sustainable start-up during college that obtained significant seed funding from a social venture fund.
- Sean also established a nonprofit organization that supports people with disabilities in job placement and job readiness. This organization recently hosted a training and job fair, where Senator Harkin gave the keynote presentation.
- Sean also drafted B23-1037, The Office of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing legislation currently before the District of Columbia Council.
- Sean has consulted for several firms, using a Design Thinking framework to create solutions that leaves space for dialogues and inclusion.
You can contact Sean Maiwald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founding Partner, Sachiko Flores, Master of Arts in International Development
Sachiko has over 8 years of experience in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors including budget development and implementing effective training programs in regional, national, and international areas.
- Sachiko has managed a team of approximately 200 employees, 30 of which reported directly to her. She also helped manage a group of 70 international employees at an on-site restaurant company, volunteering to lead 30 young students at the Educational Resource Center on Deafness’ program at Texas School for the Deaf.
- Sachiko also organized and successfully implemented international training on community-based inclusive development in collaboration with the Thailand International Development Cooperation Agency (TICA), the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), and the Asia-Pacific Federation on the Hard of Hearing and Deafened (APFHD).
- Sachiko assisted in coordinating a luncheon event for women with disabilities at Asian and Pacific Conference on Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment: Beijing +20 Review with UnitedNations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) and South Asian Disability Forum (SADF) in 2014.
- Sachiko has contributed to building a strong community of diverse leaders in high-priority conservation projects in an outdoor setting, establishing a successful nonprofit.
You can contact Sachiko Flores at email@example.com
Founding Partner, Keith Doane, Masters of Public Administration candidate
Keith Doane has been a leading authority in DeafSpace for over 13 years. Doane was on the original team that created DeafSpace Design Guidelines, Volume 1 that started in 2007. He created most of the initial framework that the DeafSpace concept was founded on. Keith also taught DeafSpace under the Deaf Studies Department at Gallaudet University. Keith utilized this expertise, leading various focus groups, including the 2022 Campus Plan and the selection of a development partner (JBG Smith) for the 6th Street corridor as part of a campus redesign at Gallaudet University.
- Keith has championed sustainability in his work, worked with the Gallaudet Sustainability Committee to promote sustainability on the campus, as well as pushing for all new buildings on campus to be LEED Gold or better.
- Keith was also instrumental in the design of the new Faculty Row Housing, Biology/Chemistry Lab, and the Gallaudet University topography project, doing most of the preliminary design work.
- Keith also has extensive experience in entrepreneurship, growing the Gallaudet University Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute to support the next generation of deaf entrepreneurs. Keith led the institution from start up, to an interim director, and finally to a permanent director with $300,000+ in funds raised. Also, Keith coordinated three annual business pitch competitions, known as BisonTank as well.
You can contact Keith Doane at firstname.lastname@example.org